Scott Pilgrim And The Seven Evil Exes: A Guide To Putting Together Your Halloween Costume
For a quirky and unique Halloween costume this year, why not consider going as Scott Pilgrim or one of the seven evil exes? They all have unique characteristics, so you’ve got plenty of ideas to choose from.
If you want to go as Scott Pilgrim himself then it shouldn’t be too difficult to put something suitable together. Here’s a quick guide to what you’ll usually see him wearing:
Hairstyle – Scott sports a relatively short, light brown, shaggy hairstyle.
Clothing – Scott often wears shirts from his favorite bands, or inspired by comic books. One of the most memorable outfits is the orange “Plumtree” t-shirt with jeans and red wristbands.
Accessories – To really complete the look, get yourself a cheap long plastic sword from any toy or costume store. You can personalize the sword with red and orange fabric or card to create the flames, and a cut out heart at the end of the handle.
The Seven Evil Exes
Of course, the seven evil exes provide more than enough ideas for Halloween costumes if you want to go for something a little more adventurous. Here are the main elements of each of their costumes:
1) Matthew Patel: This is Ramona’s first evil Ex. He’s Indian and has slick black hair in swept bangs over his face, and a lot of black eyeliner. He wears a striped rugby shirt underneath a cream colored jacket.
2) Lucas Lee: The pro skateboarder turned movie star is seen wearing a black leather jacket with a black-t shirt and jeans. Not the most adventurous of all the evil exes in terms of costume inspiration!
3) Todd Ingram: Todd is one ex who has a very distinctive costume. He has super powers thanks to following a vegan diet, and his distinguishing features are blonde hair, the tight white t-shirt with a big number “3” on the front, white pants and black and white sweatbands.
4) Roxie Richter: Ninja Roxie is the only female out of all of Ramona’s evil exes. She’s got a rock chick vibe going on, with a short black skirt, a torn black jacket, black dog collar, and torn black flower-patterned tights. To complete the look you’ll need to put your hair (or wig) into two half-bunches, and wear a lot of black makeup around the eyes.
5) Kyle & 6) Ken Katayanagi: If you want to dress up as one of these evil Japanese twins for your Halloween party then you’re going to need a friend to go with you as the other one! Ken wears all white, with a blond wig, and Kyle wears a red and black sun print shirt with jeans.
7) Gideon Gordon Graves: The last evil ex is one of the most famous, and presents the toughest battle for Scott. To pull off this character, you’ll need smart white shoes, black pants, a red shirt, black tie, and white blazer on top. To complete the look, don’t forget the glasses.